The Ghostwriter for Rebels,
Renegades, and Mavericks
My superpower is drawing out your most audacious, fiercely original ideas and stoking the sparks until your thoughts spread like wildfire.
In a world where every professional needs a constant stream of fresh, original content that’s SEO-optimized and skim-worthy, your multifaceted ideas may fall flat. It’s my job to make them sing and soar. Whether you’re writing a longform article or your manifesto, an in-depth blog post or non-fiction business leadership book, I can help you whip those words into shape. When we’re finished you’ll have a lively piece of writing that kindles curiosity in everyone who reads it.
Hi there. I’m Emily Crookston (AKA The Pocket PhD), ghostwriter and book content specialist.
If you’re a subject-matter expert, an industry thought-leader, or a remarkable individual with ideas to share or a story to tell, reach out. If you love in-depth writing, are passionate about a complex subject, and want to catalyze action, I would love to geek-out with you. If you need an expert ghostwriter and book coach to help you level up, you should definitely drop me a line.
Why? Because I’m f*cking phenomenal at what I do, and I’d love to put my amazing brain to work for you.
Peruse the Menu of Services
Here’s the skim-worthy version of my ghostwriting, editing, and content consulting services:
- Collaborative content development
- Audience analysis and strategy
- Content research
- Content creation
- From outline to 40,000+ words
- 16-week process
- Manuscript evaluation
- Content strategy
- Book architecture
- High level reorganization and restructuring
- 4-week process
- Developmental editing + book coaching package available
Content Strategy Session
- Collaborative content brainstorming
- Talk through your current strategy, brainstorm blog topics, it's up to you!
- 30 minutes, one-on-one
- 3-5 actionable steps to take
- 2 follow-up emails
- Sell your non-fiction book idea to agents, publishers, and PR specialists
- Get a bird’s eye view
- Completed before or after the manuscript is finished
- Book proposal template: suggested titles, table of contents, author bio, synopsis, audience and marketing suggestions, competitive analysis, sample chapters
- I create a list of questions
- You add, amend, and approve them
- I interview your clients using approved questions
- I write-up and edit your client’s responses
- Case study template: the situation, the opportunity, the results
- Long-form blog articles
- Contributed articles
- Expert interviews