Like you, I’ve been experiencing a full range of emotions during the past few weeks.
I consider myself to be a pretty grounded person. I can usually find the ground even when things feel topsy-turvy. But this time, with the whole world collectively losing its sh*t, it’s taking a lot more energy to get back to the place where I feel in control.
As I was practicing some breathing exercises this morning, I realized something surprising…my breath work felt better than ever. Yep. I feel more in control of my breath these days.
In particular, I noticed I was able to hold my breath out longer than usual. If you’ve ever tried exhalation retention, you know how challenging it is to hold your breath out. As the seconds tick by, your thoughts start churning, you feel the fear rise, and your mind tells your body you’re going to die if you don’t take a breath RIGHT NOW.
But this morning, I watched my mind freak out and I calmly told my body, just wait…hold on…just a bit longer…you can go a bit further. And I did.
I think maybe I had this experience now because in recent days, my breath feels like the only thing I can control.
When everything feels uncertain and unpredictable, it can help to grab onto what we can control.
So, what makes you feel in control?
Maybe it’s setting up a schedule for the family and following your routine.
Maybe it’s cooking dinner and sharing with your neighbors.
Maybe it’s connecting virtually with friends and family.
Maybe it’s watching Netflix in the middle of the day.
Whatever it is, grab onto it and relish the feeling. You deserve it!
And if writing your book would make you feel in control, I’ve got a DIY offering to put you in the driver’s seat: Business Book 90 the Online Course.
I was planning to launch the course in June, but I figured hey, you might have some downtime now and it might be the right time to get your book done. So I’m putting it out there.
Just imagine if you emerged from the self-quarantine craziness with a full draft of your next business book!
How great would you feel? If this is the right time, you can do it.
My course will show you how to write your book in 90 days, just 12 weeks.
But look, if the thought of writing a business book right now just took your anxiety levels through the roof, I get it and let me say this:
- You absolutely do not have to write a book now.
- You do not need to up your visibility, unless that’s what you want.
- You are well within your rights to ignore everyone bragging about their “amazing” productivity.
- If what you need is to retreat and hide under the bed until all of the craziness is over, I hope you’ll honor your own energy.
- What each of us needs to feel in control is unique to each of us.
And…if getting your book done in 90 days would give you that sense of control, then I would LOVE to have you join me for BB90. I would be honored to support you as you get that book idea out of your head and into the world.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Module 1: Get ready to rumble
- Checklist: Is my idea a book idea?
- Biz Model Canvas for your book
- Mindset exercises
- Module 2: Put your thinking (idea) cap on
- Gather content
- Find your idea
- Validate your idea
- Module 3: Write like the wind
- Tips and tricks for writing fast
- How to spice up your writing
- Connect with your target reader
- Module 4: Take the publishing plunge…but first, promote
- Cheatsheet for the publishing world
- Promote and sell your book, while you’re writing
- Marketing and publishing pro training
- Module 5: Finishing touches
- Do you need an editor?
- What other help do you need?
- How much should you charge?
- Module 6: Celebrate!
- Social media templates for announcing the book launch
- Think about how you want to celebrate (no rules here)
- You did it!
There are also some great bonuses that you can read about here.
In addition to the launch bonuses that always come with each payment option, this time around, everyone is getting the VIP bonuses.
What does this mean for you? You will get more one-on-one help with this launch than I’ve ever made available. Also, because business and life has been pared down to the bare essentials, I have more time to focus on giving you what you need to succeed.
I would LOVE to help you take back control and get your book done!
I look forward to seeing you inside BB90.
Photo credit: Nadezhda Prokudina